Friday, March 7, 2014

Here At Last!

Well, after over 24 hours of travel, I've made it to Greece! We had a wonderful send-off with some of the Logsdon professors. Some of them were so sweet and gave us goodie bags with snacks for the road. The 11 (not including the driver) of us loaded up in this van and drove to the DFW airport. 
First, we flew to London on a roughly eight and a half hour flight. I had probably the best airplane food I've ever eaten on that flight and watched probably three or four movies. At around 1:30 Texas time, I took the iconic picture of the wing of the plane (below) while the sun was rising and the clouds were all pink like cotton candy. 
We arrived at Heathrow, had about 3 hours of layover time, and flew another three hours till we arrived in Athens! After putting our bags in our rooms, we went out and ate some amazing Greek food. I had chicken gyro in pita and it was some of the most delicious food I've ever had. I'm sharing a small but very nice hotel room and bed with my dear friend Emma. We have a nice little kitchenette, a rain-type shower, and a huge patio looking over the street below our hotel. 
Here is the edge of our little patio. 
It's Saturday morning now. I'm very excited for today and there will be many more pictures to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment