Monday, March 3, 2014

Another

In just a couple of days, I will embark on another adventure to Europe!! This time I am going with a class to Greece, where we will have the opportunity to learn by seeing for ourselves some of the places where Paul traveled and help out some missionaries in Athens by taking part in English classes and a couple other small programs.

Some family has requested that I do another blog for this trip, since they enjoyed following along when I studied abroad in London last spring. This is actually perfect, since I am supposed to be keeping a journal of my experiences in Greece for class, so this blog will help me kill two birds with one stone. 

I am so thankful for this opportunity to travel again and am extremely thrilled to have the chance to experience the similarities and differences between the way that people live in Greece compared with my life. Traveling always humbles me and reminds me that there is so much more to the world than myself. Learning the history of another places, hearing the perspectives of people who live differently than myself, eating food that I have never tried, smelling new smells, hearing different languages, walking a lot, using different currency....all of those things can be a bit of a shock to the system. But the most important thing is not to dismiss it for being different, but to learn from it. And I cannot wait to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment